Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Update #1

I've been meaning to start a blog.. Writing about all of the things I'm going through and the things that happen to me in the City, but I just haven't had the time to get it done. That ends here... I'm starting now. 

A lot has happened from July 7th-September 30th. 
Starting with my big move from Texas into the City.. Quickly followed by Josh's untimely death and schedule pressure and occasional stress at Mad Dog.. Then all the family drama of September, and most recently (Monday) the burglary of our apartment. Not much was taken from me.. Thank goodness my laptop didn't get taken, but Sarah's brand new flat screen tv and Annie's Baylor class ring... And my volleyball state championship ring. Sure, it's a big deal that so many valuable things were taken, but I'm thankful that I wasn't in the apartment when the guy came through. That would have been so much worse. Like Annie said... Bad things come in threes, I'm off the hook.. For now.

Lets see:
Work- Mad Dog. Usually Wednesday-Saturday 11-11, and the occasional Monday or Tuesday night when I'm not-
Interning- Tractenberg. Frustrating to be interning for a 2nd year with new people, new team, same tasks.. But I think it's been good for me to have a schedule outside of "work".
Sure, hostessing isn't really a full-time job, but when I'm working around 40 hours a week and making $13 an hour? I consider that quite the feat. I'm shooting for a $500 paycheck.. But with the taxes and the management trying to cut my overtime, that doesn't look do-able, for the time being anyway.
Life- Different... Being on a break from school is great.. There's no stress to study or to worry about waking up in time to get to class, but there's a different world.. Working and interning is like school. Like if I don't get up in enough time to eat something for breakfast, I'm most likely going to have a rough day. If I'm late, I'll most likely miss something important and pay for it later, either on my paycheck or in passing conversation.

Pretty standard day-to-day activities, but it's not much different from being in school. On a schedule, deadlines looming, trying to make ends meet.. Meeting new people, and trying to decide who and what I want to become. With fall coming quickly, looks like I'm going to have to step up the search for sweaters and boots.. This lightweight jacket situation isn't going to cut it when it's cold out. I have a feeling it's going to be a fascinating couple of months.
Xo

1 comment:

  1. wow. how am i just now finding this? i knew you could write. i loved reading about your day. if i'm not supposed to read this, it's private or something, just say the word. i don't know who you want to be your audience. maybe it's just for you.

    ReplyDelete