Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sins of my Youth

There's a new song I'm obsessed. Or a band that I'm obsessed with. Neon Trees. They sing a song called Sins of my Youth, and it's really great.
Call me crazy, I was born to make a mess.
Would you love me still if I were to confess:
That I had a little too much fun...
Back when I was young.

Everyone has bad habits, most of them carry out into adulthood. I know that my biggest bad habit is containing myself. There are literally times when my family is thinking "Bailey, are you going to get excited about this?". Honestly, I've never really been an extrovert. I like to keep my feelings to myself, because they're the one part of my life I can control. Shit happens every day. People lie, people die, and the only thing you can keep sacred and safe is how you feel.
I know when I grow up I'll be better, because I'm growing up now, I can feel myself getting better every day. But I know that it's very hard to trust anyone but yourself with how you feel. It's never easy, because it's not meant to be. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment